2023 Housing Market Overview
Atlanta Real Estate Market 2023
Atlanta Real Estate Market Overview
Metro Population: 6.0 M
Median Household Income:$64,000
Median Home Price*:$301,000
Median Monthly Rent*:$1,720
Interested in investing in the Atlanta real estate market in 2023? On this page you’ll learn about housing market trends and statistics to help you make that decision.
Atlanta is the capital of Georgia, located in Fulton County. It is Georgia’s largest city, with a metropolitan population of over 6 million.
In terms of the largest concentration of the Fortune 500 companies in the United States, Atlanta ranks third after New York and Texas. There are 17 Fortune 500 and 31 Fortune 1000 companies headquartered here.
The Bank of America Plaza in Atlanta, Georgia is the tallest building in the United States outside of New York City or Chicago. It stands at 1,023 feet tall and dominates the city’s skyline.
Atlanta is a city that combines the amenities and culture of a major metropolitan area with the affordability and familiar feel of a small southern town. You’ll find all kinds of restaurants, shops, art galleries, festivals and museums. Notable attractions include the Georgia Aquarium, Martin Luther King National Park, and the World of Coca-Cola.
Atlanta is also home to several major colleges and universities, including the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech), University of Georgia (UGA), and Georgia State University (GSU).
Atlanta Housing Market Trends
Atlanta Real Estate Market Trends & Statistics 2023
The Atlanta real estate market is one of the strongest in the US, and it’s only getting stronger. As the city’s population increases, so does its job growth and demand for housing.
In this section, we’ll discuss the top factors that make Atlanta one of the strongest real estate markets of 2022 and 2023. These include job and population growth, as well as cash flow and equity growth potential. Click on the tabs to learn more about housing market trends in Atlanta, including population and employment numbers.
Major Employers in Atlanta
- "The Atlanta market is red hot but prices are sky-high" - The Atlanta Journal
- "The second highest share of homes purchased by investors in Q2 2022 was in Atlanta" - DS News
- "Corporate investors flooding Atlanta’s housing market " - CBS46
- "One of the best large cities to buy a home as a first time home buyer" - Wallet Hub
- "#1 Best City to Buy a Rental Property" - Business Insider
- "#3 Best City for Young Entrepreneurs" - Forbes
- "Top 3 Tech Meccas of Tomorrow" - Curbed Atlanta
- "#4 Fastest Growing City in 2016" - CBS46
- "#9 Best Place for Business and Careers" - Forbes
- "#13 Best Big City For Jobs" - Forbes
- "#21 Fastest Growing US City" - MSN
Disclaimer: The information provided on this page is for educational purposes only. RealWealth makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of this information. Please be advised that this content may contain errors, is subject to revision at all times, and should not be relied upon for any purpose. Under no circumstances shall RealWealth be liable to you or anyone else for damage stemming from the use or misuse of this information.