2023 Housing Market Overview
Tampa Real Estate Market 2023
Tampa Real Estate Market Overview
Metro Population: 3.2 M
Median Household Income:$56,000
Median Home Price*:$362,000
Median Monthly Rent*:$2,058
Tampa is a densely populated metropolitan area in west central Florida, with a population of more than three million people. With its attractive location on the Gulf Coast and a strong economy, Tampa has everything millennials want: financial services, STEM-related occupations, health care, research, education and tourism.
Tampa is called the economic hub of West Central Florida. The local economy is worth 160 billion dollars with the largest seaport in Florida.
In addition to the weather (which includes warm winters), and all the attractions of old Tampa itself—including its own theme parks and proximity to Orlando—the sprawling Tampa Bay area offers plenty of opportunities.
Small technology firms are thriving here; seven Fortune 500 companies have their home bases here as well, including Publix Supermarkets, Roper Technologies, WellCare Health Plans, and Bloomin’ Brands.
Tampa Housing Market Trends
Tampa Real Estate Market Trends & Forecast 2023
Tampa, Florida has been named the hottest housing market in the United States for 2022. According to a recent study by Zillow, Tampa outranked other Florida cities as well as major metros like Phoenix and Austin due to its number of potential buyers, scarcity of homes, home sales and flourishing job market.
This section will explore some of the factors that make Tampa one of the strongest real estate markets today, including job growth, population growth and affordability.
Major Employers in Tampa
Tampa Housing Market News
- "Tampa is a magnet for real estate investment" - The Center Square
- "8th most popular city for investors to scoop up houses" - Fox 13 Tampa Bay
- "One of 3 real estate markets seeing explosive rent growth in 2022" - The Motley Fool
- "#1 Best Place to Buy a Home " - Niche
- "Ranked #2 in Best US Cities to Buy Real Estate" - Tampa Bay Times
- "#5 Hottest Real Estate Market to Watch in 2017" - Forbes
- "#8 in America’s Fastest Growing Cities" - Forbes
- "#2 Best City for Young Entrepreneurs" - Forbes
- "#2 Best City for First Time Home Buyers" - Business Insider
- "#26 in Fastest-Growing Cities" - WalletHub
Disclaimer: The information provided on this page is for educational purposes only. RealWealth makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of this information. Please be advised that this content may contain errors, is subject to revision at all times, and should not be relied upon for any purpose. Under no circumstances shall RealWealth be liable to you or anyone else for damage stemming from the use or misuse of this information.