2021 Housing Market Overview
Orlando Real Estate Market 2021
Orlando Real Estate Market Overview
Metro Population: 2.6 M
Median Household Income:$61,000
Median Home Price*:$262,000
Median Monthly Rent*:$1,597
Interested in investing in the Orlando real estate market in 2021? On this page you’ll learn about the housing market forecast, trends and statistics to help you make that decision.
Orlando is the fourth largest city in the state of Florida and the 73rd largest city in the United States. Located in Florida’s “sun belt” region, this city is known for its warm climate, beautiful beaches, and even more so for its world famous amusement parks, entertainment, and attractions.
With a combined population of over 2.6 million residents, Orlando’s real estate market is fueled by job seekers, baby boomer retirees, and students who want to live in a “cheap and cheerful” area that offers a high quality of living at a reasonable cost. For investors looking to invest in real estate, these are good signs.
This area has produced some impressive results for real estate investors already and this trend is likely to continue into 2021. To date, property prices are up, appreciation rates are increasing steadily, and the cost of living remains below the national average.
More Reasons To Love Orlando:
- Orlando sees more than 68 million visitors annually, making it the most visited tourist destination in the country.
- Rents have an annual growth rate of 4.46%, which is higher than the national and state levels.
- Orlando is the fourth fastest largest metro area in the U.S. and the fastest growing metro in the country. Its population has grown almost 22% since the year 2010 and is expected to grow an additional 2.87% in 2021, which means the demand for housing is likely to increase.
- For the third year in a row, Orlando was named as the #1 Best Places to Buy a House by Forbes.
- Amazon Fulfillment brought 4,000 jobs to Central Florida, making Orlando the current leader in job growth in the U.S.
- In the next ten years, Orlando’s job growth is projected to be the highest in the nation (among 200 metros measured), according to Forbes. It has been elevated to the nation’s top market position due to limited supply, rising home values, ample jobs and income growth, especially in the leisure/hospitality sector.
Orlando Housing Market Trends
Orlando Real Estate Market Trends & Forecast 2021In this section, you’ll learn about the top factors that make Orlando one of the strongest real estate markets of 2021, including job growth, population growth, and equity growth potential. Explore Orlando’s housing market, population, and employment trends in the tabs to learn more.
Major Employers in Orlando
Orlando Housing Market News
- "Ranked #2 In America's Fastest Growing Cities" - Forbes
- "#2 Best City for Future Job Growth" - Forbes
- "One of 10 Great Cities for the 50+ Home Seeker" - AARP
- "2016 Desination: Orlando" - Worth
- "#1 Best City for First Time Home Buyers" - Business Insider
- "#1 Best Family Vacation in the US" - US News
Disclaimer: The information provided on this page is for educational purposes only. RealWealth makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of this information. Please be advised that this content may contain errors, is subject to revision at all times, and should not be relied upon for any purpose. Under no circumstances shall RealWealth be liable to you or anyone else for damage stemming from the use or misuse of this information.